Thinking and creativity are ultimately social activities that lead to innovation, progress and profit. They occur through conversations; yet we pay very little attention to how we have conversations in business. We can get trapped bouncing from one meeting and the next using the same format regardless of the need for different outcomes.
Breakthrough moments often occur when we find new connections between existing ideas, or connect different perspective in new conversations. Often the most productive conversations happen by accident rather than by design, but they don’t have to.
In nature it is the connections between the elements that creates resilience, diversity and flexibility. In essence connections breathe life into our world.
Your business is no different.
Whether you are developing your strategic plan, planning an away day, innovating, or just running your weekly meeting, better conversations connect the right people, at the right time, in the right way.
― Margaret Mead
We can help you unleash the power of conversations to engage your people, tackle the issues that matter, build trust, innovation, and resilience. Some of the approaches we use:
- Appreciative Inquiry – an approach which explores challenges from a positive perspective and builds on what is really working, rather than trying to fix what is not.
- Alternative perspectives to explore existing problems from new angles to find that elusive solution.
- Action Research, a method of actively experimenting and reflecting as you work with an issue. This is different to spending lots of time and energy creating a plan which you then stick to. It enables flexibility, learning, innovation and solution finding in real time.
- Use of Art to explore new interpretations of existing issues; sometimes words just aren’t enough.
- Gossip, is a great approach that can help people speak their truth, and also help us hear others.
- Active Listening skills that allow us to hear what is really being said and develop our understanding.
- Connected Conversations, bringing together people from across your organisation to stimulate innovation, company sprit and staff engagement.
If you would like to learn more about how better conversations can improve your business then contact us for a free consultation.
Based in North Devon, Covering the South West
Nowlab have helped businesses across the UK, but we are lucky enough to be based near Barnstaple, North Devon. The service we offer is relevant in all market places in all areas of the whole of the UK, but we now focus ourselves on the South West. Our North Devon base gives us easy access to Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth and everywhere in between. For more information about how we can help improve your business get in touch today.